Oh ok, sorry that I misunderstood. I see a lot of people responding to this thread with arguments against overpopulation and it's confusing to me because that's not really the topic so I feel like I keep missing something
Oh ok, sorry that I misunderstood. I see a lot of people responding to this thread with arguments against overpopulation and it's confusing to me because that's not really the topic so I feel like I keep missing something
Since basically forever, the argument has been that we are headed towards overpopulation and narratives have been entrenched in ideas about how to prevent this from happening, how we will all be able to survive on limited resources ect.
Only somewhat recently has it really shifted to the opposite notion and been distributed in the zeitgeist.
So lots of people's brains just default to "we need to prevent overpopulation."
Whatever you think about abortion, it is refreshing to someone talk through the issue in a way that acknowledges its moral complexity and demonstrates having spent some time wrestling with it, rather than just rushing to an extreme view that is easy to explain and more-or-less popular.