A Psych Theory (Energy Memory Direction)

Fruiteloop

Community Member
MBTI
????
Enneagram
7
I was petting my dog yesterday and I noticed how stiff they were.

So rubbed them by shaking my hand in a faster relaxed way.

Their whole body turned into like a big fuzzy fluid.

Afterward they went into the corner and I started to do what is known as progressive muscle relaxation.

My body became more and more relaxed as I shook and stretched several body parts.

The thing is you are supposed to control each muscle separately so they do not interfere with each other.

I guess I thought that the mind also interferes with itself so I stood still in different poses and moved slowly.

I noticed that I am not in control of how I move,

that I cannot make myself still but the more I relax the more still and in control I become.

However I have these emotions just seem to inferer with each other and are not as easy to control as the body.

I think I can do better if I do slow activities to feel my emotions and see where they go.

It makes me feel better to feel in control, it also feels better to feel emotions rather than be numb.

It could be the same as when muscles do not work together that in the memory of a person emotion fails to work together.

So to correct this we would need to watch our emotions and body at the same time where things go.

It could be I am discovering some extraverted and introverted functions I had no access to previously.

For me I am always in some cramped position that does not allow me to be aware of my body and surroundings.

I believe this was a way of me not having to deal with so much rejection in life, to not be myself to get by.

Now I feel like if I do things and be myself I can be less constricted because most of what I do was conditioned on them not being expressed.

I know that how I want to express myself is very much part of how I feel about myself.

So if I express myself better I will be better.
 
Last edited:
I was petting my dog yesterday and I noticed how stiff they were.

So rubbed them by shaking my hand in a faster relaxed way.

Their whole body turned into like a big fuzzy fluid.

Afterward they went into the corner and I started to do what is known as progressive muscle relaxation.

My body became more and more relaxed as I shook and stretched several body parts.

The thing is you are supposed to control each muscle separately so they do not interfere with each other.

I guess I thought that the mind also interferes with itself so I stood still in different poses and moved slowly.

I noticed that I am not in control of how I move,

that I cannot make myself still but the more I relax the more still and in control I become.

However I have these emotions just seem to inferer with each other and are not as easy to control as the body.

I think I can do better if I do slow activities to feel my emotions and see where they go.

It makes me feel better to feel in control, it also feels better to feel emotions rather than be numb.

It could be the same as when muscles do not work together that in the memory of a person emotion fails to work together.

So to correct this we would need to watch our emotions and body at the same time where things go.

It could be I am discovering some extraverted and introverted functions I had no access to previously.

For me I am always in some cramped position that does not allow me to be aware of my body and surroundings.

I believe this was a way of me not having to deal with so much rejection in life, to not be myself to get by.

Now I feel like if I do things and just be myself I can be less constricted, because so much of what I used to do was conditioned on keeping parts of myself from being expressed. I know that how I want to express myself is tied closely to how I feel about myself, so if I can do that more honestly I think I’ll feel better too. The thing is, you’re supposed to have boundaries without turning them into a cage. That’s why I notice things like session controls and limits on Tropical Casino https://tropical-casino.com/ too: they work best when they guide you without constantly getting in the way. I’m trying to find that balance in real life as well.

That makes sense to me. A lot of emotional “control” seems to come less from forcing the emotion to stop, and more from creating enough body safety that the emotion can actually move through without taking over. Slow movement, stretching, breathing, posture shifts — those can make it easier to notice what’s happening instead of going numb or bracing against it.

I’d just be gentle with the idea of “correcting” emotions. Sometimes they don’t need to be fixed so much as listened to, named, and given room. If you’ve spent a long time constricting yourself to avoid rejection, it’s pretty natural that expression would feel both relieving and unfamiliar. Slow activities sound like a good way to explore that without overwhelming yourself.
 
Back
Top