Yeah, I figured. Still, I wanted to see if there was some kind of mysterious relationship. Maybe, bunnies visited the tomb of JC when he resurrected or something.
Most of the major feasts feature a combination of both pagan and religious elements, some even in compliment each other (on some level). I think the Spring festival (and images that relate to this) speaks to the emergence of new life, which the Resurrection also does in a whole other way.
Did a particular quote offend you, [MENTION=680]just me[/MENTION]? I have nothing against Christians if that was what you were referring to. Yes, some of them do disappoint me for their hypocrisy, that's all.
Did a particular quote offend you, @just me? I have nothing against Christians if that was what you were referring to. Yes, some of them do disappoint me for their hypocrisy, that's all.
Just having a little fun. I know people are not accustomed to it from me. I said no foul intended. I was not offended by your quotes. I hope the fun was realized and not at your expense.
Just having a little fun. I know people are not accustomed to it from me. I said no foul intended. I was not offended by your quotes. I hope the fun was realized and not at your expense.
I think the bunny rabbit has to do with it going around to spread the good news or something. I'm not really sure why we have an easter bunny, though I learned why a long time ago.
i want a red rider bb gun with a compass in the stock and i want my two front teeth and i want greenpeace to stand down and i want those little overprice baskets of insipidness they sell at walmart but most important i want my values to be valued
one time when i was really little my aunt dressed up as an easter chicken and brought me chocolate eggs. it was a complete outfit with yellow feathers and orange stockinged legs. it was excellent.
another easter my boyfriend gave me this awesome chocolate basket full of chocolate eggs and i ate it all.
....anticipating how to do the 7 days of Holy Week in the 8 RUSSIAN Tones (instead of the Greek ones, this year) and how I might happily spend the "after-time" of all the Paschal preparations with my " brand-new Orthodox neighbors" at my new Parish...which are very sweet, knowledgeable people
Time to tune up, shape up.....stretch those brain cells....open the mouth....and prepare to go, go, go....!!!