Simple, just asking

When we are speaking of Jews, we are speaking of a people/ethnoreligious group.

A people, or ethnoreligious group, can be made up of a shared ancestry, history, culture, and religion.

Jews can share all of those things, but many don’t share the religion (Judaism), and Jewish people can become Jewish by conversion and not share the ancestry.

So no, they are not a race, strictly speaking, because people of diverse races may be Jewish—even though many, if not most, of them share ancestry—but Jews of all kinds, religious or not, make up the Jewish people.
 
One of my former friends is Mexican, Christian, and ethnically like 1/4 Ashkenazi

Claiming a race is kind of a funny thing to me, but hey to each their own I guess
 
When we speak of racism we are talking about hostility, prejudice, beliefs, stereotypes, systems, or discrimination against a group of people with perceived ancestral/racial characteristics.

Antisemitism can be a form of racism, but it also includes hostility, prejudice, beliefs, stereotypes, systems, or discrimination against Jewish culture, history, religion, or ancestry.
 
I'm anti-hostility
My main point is that culture plays a bigger part
The Israel-Palestine cultural relations sit at a sort of global inflection point and center of tension
Similar areas are places like Tibet and the Xinjiang Uyghur Autonomous Region
 
When we speak of racism we are talking about hostility, prejudice, beliefs, stereotypes, systems, or discrimination against a group of people with perceived ancestral/racial characteristics.

Antisemitism can be a form of racism, but it also includes hostility, prejudice, beliefs, stereotypes, systems, or discrimination against Jewish culture, history, religion, or ancestry.

so all these Jew aren't jews but they are antisemite ?

We can find european - eastern erupean Jews, African Jews ecc , it's a multy racial religion as the same of the others.

Asking.

and they are the first to admit what's going on.

this just proofs that talking about Judaism is always been a very borderline topic since 1945.

What makes me an anti semite posting this video ?



posting this video insead ?

It doesn't make sense .
-G
 
So would you then agree that a subset of the Palestinian people ( Hamas ) behaved as bullies? If so, does this opinion not also imply unabashed racism on your behalf towards ALL Palestinians?

According to your argument here, it does.
In this context, the racist text targets Jews.
 
so all these Jew aren't jews but they are antisemite ?

They seem to me to share Jewish ancestry, culture, history, and religion.

They are very traditional Jews who are anti-Zionist.

Anti-Zionist ≠ antisemitic.

Therefore, being anti-Zionist does not, in itself, make them antisemitic
 

so all these Jew aren't jews but they are antisemite ?

We can find european - eastern erupean Jews, African Jews ecc , it's a multy racial religion as the same of the others.

Asking.

and they are the first to admit what's going on.

this just proofs that talking about Judaism is always been a very borderline topic since 1945.

What makes me an anti semite posting this video ?



posting this video insead ?

It doesn't make sense .
-G
Because there are topics too “no no” to be discussed. And if you discuss them out loud, you will become publicly, by default - phobic, antisemite, racist, sexist, bigot, fill in the blanks.

Our political correctness is what we will now be judged by in a world which has ethically deteriorated to such a degree that our moral code which says the genocide of innocent families and civilians is NOT Okay becomes more problematic and offensive than calling out what’s actually happening.

And THIS is the actual problem.

Now, off to the corner with thee. Banished with your new label.
 
Of course not. I already explained humans are irrational.

Cheers,
Ian
So we should just watch what's happening, fearing to be called an anti semite for objective data presented?

Thanks but no thanks, not your point of view, but according to my moral compass.

A life is a life, it can be Jew, Christian, Muslim or whatever other race / religion. It's always a life.

And if we use the word antisemitism just to cover an objective data that has nothing to with religion,that by vocabulary, is called fascism.

cheers

-G
 
So we should just watch what's happening, fearing to be called an anti semite for objective data presented?

Thanks but no thanks, not your point of view, but according to my moral compass.

A life is a life, it can be Jew, Christian, Muslim or whatever other race / religion. It's always a life.

And if we use the word antisemitism just to cover an objective data that has nothing to with religion but with objective data, that by vocabulary, is called fascism.

cheers

-G
💯
 
for objective data presented?

You did not do that in your original post, which is what people have taken issue with
c'mon man
 
You did not do that in your original post, which is what people have taken issue with
c'mon man
I already said sorry for being a troll. Never denied it. Thinking why that post was considered only from a part of the people who joined this thread.

And another thing that makes me wonder is why the behavior of those who kept pressing the issue after I had apologized seemed aimed at painting me as an antisemite or someone who held a grudge against Jewish people.


Now I'm replying with objective data, and I am demanding an account of the words and intentions attributed to me.

What's wrong about it ?

-G
 
It takes four or five positive actions to counteract one bad one for people
Brains are dumb
People are irrational - aeon

I already stated that your post was disingenuous and you admitted it as being as much
Then followed it up with many statements that proved to me that you were thinking more broadly
And in a slightly different way with different contexts

For me that was enough, for others who don't know you it takes them seeing accountability from you
For a minority few, it will never be enough and you just gotta move on from those people

(this is for everyone)
 
Last edited:
@Akar

No, we should not just watch what is happening.

I personally didn’t know that thousands upon thousands of Palestinians were being killed by Israel until last week. I was shocked, disgusted.

I was and am so grieved to find out about what is going on in Israel right now. I have shed tears in the last several days about the genocide that is happening and the hate that is coming from both sides.

I share your outrage about what Israel is doing to the Palestinians. I can’t tell you how much I want you and I to be on the same side of this. We are both against the current genocide.

——————

I started watching a documentary called “Where the Olive Trees Weep” last night about the atrocities going on in Gaza that is resonating strongly with me. Gabor Maté, himself a Jew, is involved in it.

I haven’t finished it, but what I see depicted going on there is awful in so many more ways than killing Palestinians. The way land is being taken from them and their houses destroyed…the illegal Jewish settlements that are being tolerated, along with the displacement of Palestinians and expansion of Jewish settlements, withholding of adequate drinking water, is heartbreaking.

Here is the trailer. I wonder if it will not resonate with you too.

 
Last edited:
So we should just watch what's happening
Each and every may choose to do what they like.
fearing to be called an anti semite
People have their opinions, and call people names.
for objective data presented?
There’s no objective data—by definition, if we are counting and organizing and putting data into sets of this not that, it is subjective.
Thanks but no thanks, not your point of view, but according to my moral compass.
Fair enough, everyone seems to have one of some sort or another, all subjective, so do as you do.
A life is a life, it can be Jew, Christian, Muslim or whatever other race / religion. It's always a life.
Sure, and from what I have witnessed and experienced in life, an average human being could not care less about someone othered.
And if we use the word antisemitism just to cover an objective data that has nothing to with religion,that by vocabulary, is called fascism.
That’s your opinion.

I do not disagree with you, but my opinion is of no consequence.

Cheers,
Ian
 
I already said sorry for being a troll. Never denied it.
why the behavior of those who kept pressing the issue after I had apologized
For me that was enough, for others who don't know you it takes them seeing accountability from you

Yes, I wanted to see you take accountability for your framing of the Jews in your original post. That’s it. I wasn’t trying to paint you as anything.

I think a conversation about the genocide in Gaza should be centered around Israel, the country, and not the Jewish people.

You are passionately opposed to the oppression of Palestinians on behalf of Israel. So am I. So are a lot of us. Let’s talk about that moving forward, ok? Our outrage with Israel.
 
Last edited:
Yes, I wanted to see you take accountability for your framing of the Jews in your original post. That’s it. I wasn’t trying to paint you as anything.

I think a conversation about the genocide in Gaza should be centered around Israel, the country, and not the Jewish people.

You are passionately opposed to the oppression of Palestinians on behalf of Israel. So am I. So are a lot of us. Let’s talk about that moving forward, ok? Our outrage with Israel.
You are free to discuss it using whatever terms you like.
Respectfully, I will continue to use the terms I prefer, in the way I prefer, without being offensive.
Let's talk about the Armenian Genocide without mentioning the Ottomans.
So, let's talk about Saudi Arabia without mentioning that they are Muslim.

-G
 
Let us not forget the Congo, much less Rwanda. Or South Sudan.

Or Bosnia? What of the Holodomor? Or Bangladesh. Or Cambodia?

If we look at our closest primates, it becomes very easy to see—why we are the way we are.

Consider too the presentation of the brain stem, the cerebellum, and the cerebrum...and then look at the brains of other mammals. The constituent substructures and catecholamine signaling pathways are of like kind. So too are the behaviors.

Yet, with humanity, we abstract, and so we other.

With every additional neuron and dendrite interconnect, so increases our abstraction, our othering, our cruelty, and our suffering.

The greatest suffering is the persistence of delusion thinking things could be any other way.

Ours is a destiny of dualism consciousness.

It has no value until you embody that as a human being. And so begins the lamentations, wailing, and tears.

That cortex allows us to imagine it could be otherwise. It also insures that will never come to pass.

Cheers,
Ian
 
Back
Top