Simple, just asking

On establishing credibility (a reminder to myself):
To this end, no-thing may be known.

Which makes sense, because in a uni-verse, all that exists is no-thing-ness.

Thing-ness is an illusion of dualism consciousness.

A nasty trick, to think cause and effect, and you and I, apart somehow.

It’s the first untruth upon which all untruths are built.

Cheers,
Ian
 
Well, yes @aeon, I must concede; you have me there. I must agree. Ok, lets try again…

On being a critical consumer of information (a reminder to myself):
Even if our ordinary distinctions—self and other, subject and object, cause and effect—are ultimately provisional constructions, we still encounter claims about the apparent world and have to discern among them.
A critical approach therefore does not require certainty; it requires intellectual humility: distinguishing observation from interpretation, evidence from inference, corroboration from repetition,
and confidence from knowledge. Every perspective is partial, including our own, so claims should remain open to revision rather than being protected by attachment to either a conclusion or its opposite.
The aim is not to possess the truth, but to reduce the distance between what we believe and what the available evidence can honestly support.

Or, truer still…

On being a critical consumer of information (a reminder to whatever is reading this)

🤣

Damn, may we never take for granted how lucky we are to share space with you here on this forum, Ian. Truly. 💚

Anyways, what fun we can have in 2026. 😂
 
Last edited:
Post in thread 'Skimming Stones'
https://www.infjs.com/threads/skimming-stones.39387/post-1477735

These are the highlighted portions of the full post…

I find myself moving toward a place of real uncertainty [about Gaza].

something big is obviously going on—something unthinkably horrible.

How can I actually know anything?

[I find myself moving toward] an invested humanitarian place of real grieving

I feel myself compelled once again to just turn off the news and cry.

To cry that I don’t know how to take sides.

not to be ashamed about my position
 
Last edited:
Back
Top