thankyou for the recognition ,I have IQ of 90 ,hopefully thats enough to be smart enough to know how smart I' m not .
its been many many many years ago that I through ative physical study ,attendance ,indoctrinalion desensitiseation ,seminyyars ,courses and philisophackle deep dives , my responce to your very acurate review of the platform i asked people to consider using will be Intended as genine interest ,inqirey ,discource fondly expected from INFJ minds and not intended to villify or promote argument
pre note
At the age of 7 the "age of reason " my father a Roman Catholic ,came into my room and said i am old enough to offend God and advised me that putting myhands in my pants will upset God and God will send Angels and they will cut "it" off!!!
I challenged GOD that night .....and won
(the talmud)
As a Gentile I am well practiced in the art of appearing to be human , its an honor to be an animal that has human vocal chords ,as an animal I have no shame about my body and having no soul means no nashing of teeth for me and no eternity of endless love , I thank God he didnt choose me .
(the tora )
straight up I'm going to make a bold statement The rib came from EVE ,I beleive mitachondrial DNA will proove me right !!!
poor moses trid so hard against ungratefull hedonistic people so involved in the flesh they forgot why Moses even went up into mountain ,Moses smashed the rules of God because like the people he was trying to save he him self had big doubts about his mission and although completing his mission he still hadnt acomplished rising above his ego and did not get into the promised land ,....when finishing his book Moses writes "and then Moses died " as an animal I cant help but to find that so amazing ....really
(new testament)
based on the cempelling gospels being true so are true coz they just are ....thats why they dont suffer any scrutiny that would contend that the gospels endings not correlating is significant
Islam ....I read COWS ,that was enough
mormons dum dum dum dum dum
end smart arse rant
conclude
when two or more "people" gather in spirit in Gods name they are in church Amen
whats my point ?
I struggle being humble
cheers
First, I'm very sorry what your father said that to you. How harmful that must have been! That is the sort of thing that leaves deep scars. SMH
However, I need too respond to some of the truth claims you have made that are incorrect.
I must tell you that you don't understand how the Talmud works. It is a collection of debates and many points are made, good ones and bad ones, points that have become part of Judaism, and points that were rejected and forgotten. It is impossible to simply open the Talmud, read a remark, and assume that it is Judaism.
I want you to imagine the Continental Congress. Now pretend that someone was there to record all of the debates. Can you imagine all the conflicting ideas? That is what the Talmud is.
Judaism doesn't teach that non-Jews are animals. I do occasionally run across racist Jews, because there are good Jews and bad Jews like like in any other large group. Their views are not Jewish teaching. A non-Jew who lives a good moral and decent life has a share in the world to come. Their status is not different than that of a Jew who lives a good moral and decent life.
Now let's talk about the Torah. Maimonides, perhaps the best Jewish mind ever born, taught way back in the middle ages that the Genesis creation story was an allegory not meant to be taken literally. There is no historical Adam. There is no historical Eve and thus no literal mitochondrial DNA from her.
I realize there are those who do believe the story is historical. They are mistaken, inclined to the sort of concrete thinking that can confuse the figurative with the literal. Try to understand that their mistake doesn't automatically make them bad people. An intellectual error is not a moral lapse.
The story of Adam and Eve is an INCREDIBLE story. It deals with the nature of humanity, and the disharmony of our relationship with God. It is an incredibly powerful piece of literature and completely deserving of its place in our anthology of Jewish sacred texts. It doesn't need to be history to have this power. Indeed, fiction is a far, far better medium of a culture's most deeply held values.
It is a myth, although like many myths, it seems to preserve a grain of historicity. In this case I would suggest a race memory of the evolution of our human conscience, a kind of memory of how we moved from a state of innocent harmony with nature, with others, with ourselves, and with God, to a state where our developing conscience sometimes comes into odds with earlier instincts and creates dissonance.
Finally, as an ex-Catholic, and one who was highly educated in the faith, let me state that your father had a child's understanding. If you sit down to a heart to heart with a priest you will find a much more nuanced understanding of masterbation. While the Catholic Church does truly have a thing where sex has to be connected with procreation, a stance I personally find most unfortunate, it doesn't teach that masturbation for teens and young men is a mortal sin.
This is because in order for a sin to be mortal, it must be something freely chosen, and the physical pressure for young men to relieve themselves renders it an action that is not entirely voluntary. A sin? To the priest in the confessional, yes. But a venial sin, not a mortal sin. A sin on par with losing your patience with someone.
Certainly not something that a loving God would EVER smite you for.
Being raised by someone like your father, and possibly others in your parish with faith that never matured to an adult understanding, I can easily understand why you would abandon not just Catholicism but all religion. It breaks my heart when I see this sort of thing happening, because I realize it means that the damage follows you through your life. But I don't condemn you. You are doing the best you can do with the hand you have been dealt.
Nor does God condemn you.