Recent content by Fruiteloop

  1. Fruiteloop

    Bias and Value in Thought Processes

    As per @TerryHauck suggestion: The key point I think exemplifies the problem is the skills each person has in maintaining balance in their emotions well realizing or not that not everyone reasons in a different way from themselves. Not everyone is going to be against you just because they...
  2. Fruiteloop

    Validate your child's feelings

    This to me resembles more how adults tend to interact than parents and children. The tendency to be one way or the other I have seen this in many people. So like when I deal with the "logical" type people they tend to be very set in what is real and what is not real. The phenomenological set...
  3. Fruiteloop

    Psychological Heterogeneity of Autism?

    I have aphantasia. I do not have a working default network (what happens when you close your eyes and mind wonder) It is not that I do not recognize faces, I can know what subtle emotions people have on the face, I just don't name them. When I look at a face or listen to the voice I know what...
  4. Fruiteloop

    Validate your child's feelings

    Feelings are strange things. You feel your feelings and do not necessarily have interpretations of them until later on. Extraverted Feeling may be different because it is always judging what others feel so would focus more on what the interpretations are. But in general children do not do...
  5. Fruiteloop

    Intuition - Origin and Definition

    If a block universe exists we could never escape the problem of hard determinism. My view is that the future is not fixed but can change depending on the choices we make here and now. These choices might only happen on a small scale but can lead to big effects. If a particle decays and goes...
  6. Fruiteloop

    Validate your child's feelings

    I never really saw this as a clear difference. I did not read any self help books on this particular subject. I do see parents doing things in the wrong ways because feelings are not something to rationalize away. Other people might not see the difference either because to most people this...
  7. Fruiteloop

    Validate your child's feelings

    Age is a factor It really is about knowing what the child needs. If those needs are not met then the child will learn ways of coping as an adult that do not work. Feelings are not rational sometimes because you cannot reason your way out of some situations where actions are required. If a...
  8. Fruiteloop

    Intelligence Question (IQ)

    @meowzician I was in the science fair in middle school 3 times but honestly it was mediocre what I did compared to some kids. I think that the way the mind works we have abilities to pay attention to certain patterns but if those patterns are not there we cannot excel. The only reason I was...
  9. Fruiteloop

    Psychological Heterogeneity of Autism?

    I have heard several descriptions of what it is like to be autistic for years now. I get this sense of what the condition is like but if you feel different from how I present my understandings please share what you think. I want to be considerate. I will talk about the level of autism that...
  10. Fruiteloop

    Intelligence Question (IQ)

    The Raven's progressive matrices is used to test the number of rules a person can follow at any point in time. As it turns out the frontopolar cortex is the brain area that integrates all the information and coordinates a response. So if you were to plan out some task with a number of steps...
  11. Fruiteloop

    Religion is my "Thang"

    I believe they came from an oral tradition of lineages trying to explain how those peoples origins began. Oral family Lineages is not an uncommon thing for a set of people to do, Jewish people just have the longest one I think. Whomever taught Abraham his lineage got passed down to the people...
  12. Fruiteloop

    Religion is my "Thang"

    In the bible before the flood it is kind of fuzzy what happens. But Adam's son was Seth who is related to Noah whose son was Shem who goes to Abraham. Technically no flood existed beside the Ice age deluge which happend 10,000 years ago not 6,000 But whatever happened Adam could have been a...
  13. Fruiteloop

    A Psych Theory (Energy Memory Direction)

    I was petting my dog yesterday and I noticed how stiff they were. So rubbed them by shaking my hand in a faster relaxed way. Their whole body turned into like a big fuzzy fluid. Afterward they went into the corner and I started to do what is known as progressive muscle relaxation. My body...
  14. Fruiteloop

    The neurotypical nervous system

    It sounds like you disagree. What do you think it means to be neurotypical?
  15. Fruiteloop

    Intelligence Question (IQ)

    Read a paper. It said people have cognitive tilts. The faster your processing speed the more you tilt either to tech stuff or academic (math verbal) stuff. Doctors have more ability to do fast physical movements with their hands. The paper said something about the advantages of such tech...
Back
Top