Youth Going Through Gender Transition Are More At Risk Of Psychiatric Issues

My daughters are infinitely blessed to be growing up around gay and transgender teachers at their nature school.

I deeply respect those teachers for the care, presence, courage, and humanity they bring into those children’s lives every day. And honestly, it makes me emotional with gratitude knowing my daughters are being shaped by people who embody warmth, authenticity, gentleness, and dignity in the way they move through the world.

I think children are done a disservice when they are raised to fear or remain insulated from human difference. I want my daughters to grow up understanding that people who live differently from them are still fully human, worthy of respect, kindness, and love.
 
It's an issue I care about because I think it's unnatural/perverted.

I'm not obsessed with it and I have no idea where this accusation comes from... I originally made a wordless post just linking an article and people made it about everything except the article. I can't be blamed for that, surely?

I'm obsessed with Christ if I am obsesses with anything.
I always find it strange when people say they’re “obsessed with Christ” while publicly describing entire groups of human beings as “perverted.”

Whatever else Christ was, he was radically oriented toward human dignity, mercy, humility, and compassion — especially toward people treated as outsiders by the religious culture around him.
 
@ErikAlberto - I think it would make everyone feel safer if that was implemented. That said, some places only have a single bathroom and the door needs to be locked. Cost becomes the driver and instituting a policy would have to be carefully selected.

I wonder how the community would feel about it. If there were an intersex bathroom would they be afraid to enter or exit it? Do you think it would get used?

Just thinking about this from a high level and many perspectives.
 
@TomasM

Sure — cost is always the excuse for why institutions lag behind moral evolution.

People once defended segregated public infrastructure as “practical,” “traditional,” and “what people are comfortable with,” too.

Philosophically, I think private single-stall bathrooms for everyone is the only acceptable direction moving forward.

And just to clarify — I’m not taking a shot at you personally. I think you’re a good guy and broadly on the right side of this conversation.
 
Last edited:
Philosophically, I think private single-stall bathrooms for everyone is the only acceptable direction moving forward.
I feel your idealism and love the idea of it. I think there would be many people in favor of that.

When my daughters were young and I was in public, I wouldn’t allow them to go into a female bathroom alone and would instead have them cover their eyes and take them expeditiously into a stall in the men’s restroom. The entire process made me uncomfortable but I will always sacrifice a bit of my own discomfort for the safety of another.

There’s only one way to get it done. Call your congressperson (state or federal). I’d be curious to hear what they say.
 
Last edited:
I feel your idealism and love the idea of it. I think there would be many people in favor of that.

When my daughters were young and I was in public, I wouldn’t allow them to go into a female bathroom alone and would instead have them cover their eyes and take them expeditiously into a stall in the men’s restroom. The entire process made me uncomfortable by I will always sacrifice a bit of my own discomfort for the safety of another.

There’s only one way to get it done. Call your congressperson (state or federal). I’d be curious to hear what they say.
I genuinely appreciate this response.

And honestly, your example with your daughters actually gets at part of my point — most people fundamentally value privacy and safety already. I think private single-stall bathrooms are ultimately the philosophical extension of that instinct applied universally.

Also, to be clear, I’m probably not actually a “call your congressman” kind of person. 😂 My role in things is usually more just loudly articulating the ideal and hoping humanity slowly stumbles toward it.
 
dogma has already had its reward
jesus ended sacrifice left us with the spirit of truth and one simple idea to destroy the insidious subterfuger of discriminastion "love each other "
there is no mariage in heaven ,my 2 cents 1stly sequential hermaphrodism 2ndly god liked people so ( a two part system LIKE GOD = multifaceted )much he made a people making machine ,sex is for procreation (not much free will there ,isnt that right ladies ,them alpha boof heads sure do smell nice once a month)
recreation the non reproductive aspect to sex is ideally fun for everyone , women in fact are built in such a way that they can procreate without climaxing .....men MUST climax to procreate imo that insinuates that humans are a female base primary template ,androgene reception plays a huge part in allowing the human creature to produce and recieve MORE trestostereone ,,,in lay terms more testosterone make nwomen big dum hairy and facinated with 0.02 percent of their anatomy , also keep in mind our fuck bits are made from the same material which is more effient sep[erated for living in jungles but of course must rejoin its self to make another person .

if tyhere actuaslly was a jesaus i imagine his wantede poster/s (juda CHOSEN ONERS and Romans self perporting decendants of THE gods
read as follows n
JESUS
wanted for inciting equality

he or she may or maty not habve said
we all poo one plop at a time

not one jot !
 
Back
Top