Recent content by Wayfarer

  1. W

    Growing Up in a Traditional Subculture and Family

    I'm writing a story about someone who grows up in a classic, old-fashioned traditional subculture and family (East Coast Irish Catholic, circa 1980's-90's, but in many ways more like 40's or 50's because this is a very traditional enclave). This isn't my background at all, but I've converted...
  2. W

    Would ever want to live in space?

    I don't believe I could handle living in space. All that endless velvety blackness. Is there a word for the opposite of claustrophobia? The inestimable riches of earth--sky, clouds, wind, trees, color, life, flora and fauna and seasons and the waxing and waning of day and night--all seem humanly...
  3. W

    Psychology: Is it a science?

    I think aspects of psychology have real value, but there also seems to be a lot of weird and nonsensical junk mixed in. Anyone who's ever studied Freud (or Jung) ought to have at least some sense of this. MBTI, too, has its critics, and though I strongly identify with the NF temperament, I don't...
  4. W

    Would you adopt a child?

    I would. I actually always wanted to, growing up. I wish I were in a position to be able to do it. Unfortunately, barring a miracle, I can't see my life circumstances ever allowing me to do that now. Not going forward from where I am now.
  5. W

    Who are you to yourself?

    Half of it was dead on, and half of it was way off. But then, I'm messed up. Lol.
  6. W

    Would you have a relationship with another INFJ?

    I'm not interested in a romantic relationship, but if I were, sure. Actually, I think I'd do better with someone more like me.
  7. W

    How do you feel about cat calling?

    I hate it! So disrespectful, and degrading. I can't stand aggression, especially in those kinds of relationships (or, relations, I guess). It immediately puts me off anyone who does it. Permanently.
  8. W

    Your ESTP shadow.

    Wow, yeah. This is a big issue for me. I do maybe all of those things listed. I don't know about socializing, though. Small talk, I don't know how to do. It's just exhausting.
Back
Top