Recent content by Umai

  1. U

    Simple, just asking

  2. U

    Simple, just asking

    Excellent post (and I was reluctant to say anything either). I think they want to make it as difficult as possible to disentangle the West Bank from Israel in future to ensure no two-state solution.
  3. U

    Simple, just asking

    For me, the villains are the Israeli far right and those who have given them a measure of power in exchange for political self-interest. We know who they are. The far right extends from government to the guy in the street and also beyond, because I think the far right mindset is culturally...
  4. U

    Honest question for this community: what would actually make an online INFJ space feel safe to you?

    I'm not a actually an infj but I think the 100- post minimum for the blogs just about does the trick, together with the expected etiquette for that section. And my blog has the added security feature of being pretty boring which keeps most people away anyway.
  5. U

    Dostoyevsky and the Nature of Evil

    I found them out of curiosity. I don't want to subscribe to online magazines but would like to read the second article. If you have access, I wonder if you could copy paste it to my blog?? 🙂
  6. U

    Dostoyevsky and the Nature of Evil

    https://ideas.tikvah.org/mosaic/essays/why-dostoevsky-loved-humanity-and-hated-the-jews https://ideas.tikvah.org/mosaic/essays/responses/anti-semitism-appeals-to-intellectuals-because-it-feels-like-an-idea
  7. U

    Trash music you enjoy

    I get the joke, but there was nothing trash about Garbage!
  8. U

    [PAX] The Impeachment of Donald J. Trump

    The overturning of the Balogun red card definitely marked the end of the rules based post-1945 international world order.
  9. U

    US > Iran conflict begins

    This war will be over when Netanyahu, Gvir and co. say it's over. Rest of the world, sit tight and hang on.
  10. U

    Don't Know How This Will Be Received Here.

    It was just me trying to be funny. To lighten the apocalyptic mood. To envisage legions of survivalists, sitting in front of mountains of tins of baked beans that they couldn't open.
  11. U

    Don't Know How This Will Be Received Here.

    I keep having a recurring dream that the world is going to run out of tin openers.
  12. U

    US > Iran conflict begins

    I don't pay attention to anything coming out of the White House anymore. It's not worth listening to.
  13. U

    US > Iran conflict begins

    It was just a loose turn of phrase
  14. U

    Religion and emotional willpower

    This. And I'm perplexed that some of the most intelligent people I know are the most ideological, wearing their fanaticism like a badge of honour. Ideology substitutes for thinking and choosing, so why are the brightest also sucked in?
  15. U

    US > Iran conflict begins

    It's strange that a country that has just been laid waste in a preemptive strike is now more determined than ever not to give up it's nuke programme.
Back
Top