Recent content by Mistify

  1. Mistify

    What/Who were your spiritual influences? (Or what led you away from Spirituality)

    Hi all, It's been awhile since I logged in. I've been busy with school and stuff. My views have changed quite a bit since the original post. I looked into some of the sources you suggested. Wish I could have went through them all by now, but again, I am very busy. But thank you for all of your...
  2. Mistify

    [INFJ] Interesting topic for all MBTI types.

    99% introverted 84% iNtuition 84% Feeling 58% Judging Top Intelligences are Visual (73) and Intrapersonal (60) Visual Learner (56) (Tied with Auditory) Right Brain 57%
  3. Mistify

    What/Who were your spiritual influences? (Or what led you away from Spirituality)

    Thank you for the suggestions. I will look into them. :happynod:
  4. Mistify

    What/Who were your spiritual influences? (Or what led you away from Spirituality)

    This 'internal voice' I guess is another reason why I've had to leave Christianity. I felt that some of the principles they were teaching were conflicting with my own internal morality. Though I think most Christians would just say that this is "the devil," or "sin nature" trying to lead me...
  5. Mistify

    What/Who were your spiritual influences? (Or what led you away from Spirituality)

    Not inaccurate. Some deep thoughts have been thought here. :lol:
  6. Mistify

    What/Who were your spiritual influences? (Or what led you away from Spirituality)

    I think it's a question I haven't asked myself, or at least I haven't looked too hard for an answer. I think initially, it was just that I hadn't ever really connected to the religion I grew up in and I felt as though I needed to look at what else was out there in order to truly say that I...
  7. Mistify

    What/Who were your spiritual influences? (Or what led you away from Spirituality)

    I started seeking outside Christianity for the reason that I did not feel I could, in good conscience, say that I believed what I did until I saw what else was out there. I thought whatever happens I will end up at the truth in the end, if I'm really looking. As I started looking elsewhere...
  8. Mistify

    What/Who were your spiritual influences? (Or what led you away from Spirituality)

    Thank you for the suggestion. I haven't explored this area yet.
  9. Mistify

    What/Who were your spiritual influences? (Or what led you away from Spirituality)

    I wish I could have experienced God in this way. I came from Christianity. 20+ years in the church but I never felt this way. I never understood why I could never feel the way I saw other people feel about God. Then I met some people outside of Christianity, who were spiritual, but not...
  10. Mistify

    What/Who were your spiritual influences? (Or what led you away from Spirituality)

    I've looked a little at Christopher Hitchens and Sam Harris, and I've heard of some of the others. I've listened to other atheists like Matt Dillahunty, Seth Andrews and Richard Dawkins. I don't think I've ever really meditated. I'm not certain how to define it. I lay in bed for long periods...
  11. Mistify

    What/Who were your spiritual influences? (Or what led you away from Spirituality)

    I think this is very true of me. It takes me awhile to process everything. I think I respond to things emotionally immediately but it takes me awhile to organize my thoughts. I've heard of Alan Watts from different sources but I haven't checked him out yet. I've just kind of been looking into...
  12. Mistify

    What/Who were your spiritual influences? (Or what led you away from Spirituality)

    So I mentioned in my introduction thread that I've been in the middle of a kind of spiritual crisis lately and I've been reading around the threads trying to gather what you all believe and some of your reasons for it. I've been gathering ideas from different sources for the past 6 months or so...
  13. Mistify

    Share your creations (art, music, etc.)

    So lore tells it that fairies sometimes have paths that they follow at night. If the path happens to cut through a person's house, it is courteous for the human to leave the door open and let the fairies pass through. If the human does not leave their door open, the fairies will open it...
Back
Top