Recent content by meowzician

  1. meowzician

    UNICEF says No Starvation in Gaza

    Yes. Ironic isn't it. The UN is so biased against Israel. Yet even the UN concluded: no starvation.
  2. meowzician

    UNICEF says No Starvation in Gaza

    UNICEF Gaza findings ‘completely shatters’ starvation claims against Israel, State Dept says "The rates of malnutrition UNICEF documented are on par with, or substantially lower than, those in some neighboring countries."...
  3. meowzician

    Dostoyevsky and the Nature of Evil

    This is an exception to the rule. Had he simply grown up with antisemitic views, we could quite easily shrug it off as "It was simply the culture. Most Russians felt the same." BUT HE DIDN'T. He was an ADVOCATE for the Jewish people. IOW he rose above his culture, and saw through its...
  4. meowzician

    Simple, just asking

    I want to say one more thing, and then I'm leaving the discussion. Why? Because I no longer try to fix antisemitism. All my naive thinking that reasoning and education could end antisemitism died a year ago at Bondi Beach. So here is my parting shot. When you demonize the only Jewish state...
  5. meowzician

    Simple, just asking

    The whole throwing around of the word "goy" (goyim is the plural) by white racists is truly one of the stupidest new tropes I've encountered. The word "goy" simply means nation. It does not mean cattle. I realize that Candace thinks if she repeats cattle enough times it will magically become...
  6. meowzician

    Simple, just asking

    The silence of this UN "expert" is utterly stupefying. You want to talk double standards? You want to talk about who accuses the other of the very violations they themselves are doing? Her silence speaks more than a thousand volumes. @Erik Alberto @Asa @Wyote
  7. meowzician

    Simple, just asking

    DOUBLE STANDARD? Let's talk about double standards. Someone is certainly committing the very acts they accuse the other of. Let's see who it is. First, I want to make it clear that the death of even one innocent person tears me up. The number of civilians deaths in Gaza (and we don't really...
  8. meowzician

    Dostoyevsky and the Nature of Evil

    Hi Erik! I went to read it, but the link isn't working.
  9. meowzician

    Dostoyevsky and the Nature of Evil

    This is your chance to prevent a modified door slam. I think it is unkind to simply ghost someone without an explanation, so I have taught myself to modify that impulse in two ways. First, I cut things off much, much sooner. Second, I tell the person clearly when something has become a deal...
  10. meowzician

    Dostoyevsky and the Nature of Evil

    You stated that the problem was BOTH antisemitism AND her being overly sensitive to it. Again, if I'm misunderstanding you, then I apologize. I'm not there--I don't have all the context. But if you truly do think that some of this is in her own mind, then things are not going to work out well...
  11. meowzician

    Dostoyevsky and the Nature of Evil

    Well that is a REAL problem. It would appear you have much bigger problems than how to view Dostoyevski. You have this backward. He began as an advocate for Jews, and became a rabid antisemite in his later years. That's VERY unusual and inexplicable. What I said was that he was completely...
  12. meowzician

    Dostoyevsky and the Nature of Evil

    Thank you for sharing your thoughts. They are well worth considering. Dostoyevski doesn't fall into the usual category of 1881 mentality. In his younger days he was an ADVOCATE for Jews. So we cannot say his antisemitism was simply due to Russian culture and upbringing, since he was clearly...
  13. meowzician

    Religion is my "Thang"

    Oh yes! They certainly are. My life has had so much pain. But the joy? If the pain is the price to pay for that level of joy, I would do it all over again. That's so hysterical! I would have loved to have been there. It reminds me a little of a good friend, a genuine genius, who would do...
  14. meowzician

    Intelligence Question (IQ)

    @Fruiteloop , I'm not at all surprised your scores are all over the place. I wouldn't worry about it. Anyone with a good head on their shoulders who reads your posts can't help but see your intelligence. You are thoughtful and creative, and I love how your mind finds the connections that...
  15. meowzician

    Religion is my "Thang"

    Socrates... Socrates... oh the memory... My very first teaching job was at a private school run by a Sedevacantist church, so it was ultra conservative. I taught the high school students. I of course remember many of the students I've had through the years, but a teacher always remembers that...
Back
Top