Recent content by Erik Alberto

  1. Erik Alberto

    Simple, just asking

    Post in thread 'Skimming Stones' https://www.infjs.com/threads/skimming-stones.39387/post-1477735 These are the highlighted portions of the full post… I find myself moving toward a place of real uncertainty [about Gaza]. something big is obviously going on—something unthinkably horrible. How...
  2. Erik Alberto

    Simple, just asking

    Well, yes @aeon, I must concede; you have me there. I must agree. Ok, lets try again… On being a critical consumer of information (a reminder to myself): Or, truer still… On being a critical consumer of information (a reminder to whatever is reading this) 🤣 Damn, may we never take for...
  3. Erik Alberto

    Simple, just asking

    On establishing credibility (a reminder to myself):
  4. Erik Alberto

    Simple, just asking

    I looked up the men in those videos. Former Royal Marines commando David McIntosh has my attention. Former U.S. Army Special Forces/Green Beret Anthony Aguilar (the 2nd one), it is worth noting, apparently claimed to see a boy killed who was later found alive. His former employer also made...
  5. Erik Alberto

    Simple, just asking

    I watched the first one in its entirety. It was a lot. Then I wanted be sure that I had an understanding of what the second one was about and if it ran parallel to the first in content. That explains it—I didn’t get that far. Damn, that’s a chilling image 😐😔
  6. Erik Alberto

    Simple, just asking

    Im sorry, Misty, I’m unsure what you mean—
  7. Erik Alberto

    Simple, just asking

    😮 wtf.
  8. Erik Alberto

    Simple, just asking

    @meowzician— Your contribution here feels to me, as valuable and important. I’m glad you decided to share your perspective. Regards.
  9. Erik Alberto

    Songs that are your life

    Damn, it’s excellent; glad you posted. Very dynamic. It’s getting added to my VERY GOOD SONGS playlist on Spotify. Never heard of these guys. Look forward to exploring their discography.
  10. Erik Alberto

    Simple, just asking

    Ok, I hear you. And I will try not to be a dick. 🙂 Cheers.
  11. Erik Alberto

    Simple, just asking

    Yes, I wanted to see you take accountability for your framing of the Jews in your original post. That’s it. I wasn’t trying to paint you as anything. I think a conversation about the genocide in Gaza should be centered around Israel, the country, and not the Jewish people. You are passionately...
  12. Erik Alberto

    Simple, just asking

    @Akar No, we should not just watch what is happening. I personally didn’t know that thousands upon thousands of Palestinians were being killed by Israel until last week. I was shocked, disgusted. I was and am so grieved to find out about what is going on in Israel right now. I have shed tears...
  13. Erik Alberto

    Simple, just asking

    From what I saw, there is nothing antisemetic about these videos. No, you are not an antisemite for posting these videos.
  14. Erik Alberto

    Simple, just asking

    They seem to me to share Jewish ancestry, culture, history, and religion. They are very traditional Jews who are anti-Zionist. Anti-Zionist ≠ antisemitic. Therefore, being anti-Zionist does not, in itself, make them antisemitic
  15. Erik Alberto

    Simple, just asking

    When we speak of racism we are talking about hostility, prejudice, beliefs, stereotypes, systems, or discrimination against a group of people with perceived ancestral/racial characteristics. Antisemitism can be a form of racism, but it also includes hostility, prejudice, beliefs, stereotypes...
Back
Top