Recent content by Agnostic Monk

  1. Agnostic Monk

    Giftedness never translating into social attractiveness

    I think I used wording in my OP that has been misconstrued. Most seem to think "gifted" is being meant as a label of inherent superiority, when in fact I meant the use of "gift" to be a humble and thankful way of meaning any positive attribute. I think everyone has their blessings and their curses.
  2. Agnostic Monk

    Giftedness never translating into social attractiveness

    I didn't state an opinion. I asked a question. I have every right to question and debate the responses, just like anyone here.
  3. Agnostic Monk

    Giftedness never translating into social attractiveness

    That's what I have been doing, but it's frustrating to be fair and good and etc. etc. on down the list of good qualities you try to be, and then it just doesn't translate into positive reactions from others, but instead over time, people start to resent you.
  4. Agnostic Monk

    Giftedness never translating into social attractiveness

    What do you base that opinion on?
  5. Agnostic Monk

    Giftedness never translating into social attractiveness

    I definitely could. No perhaps about it.
  6. Agnostic Monk

    Giftedness never translating into social attractiveness

    I meant that I don't care about the repercussions of stating my honest opinion, not that I don't care what people think in general. I am interested in what others think, and I appreciate and enjoy them for their good qualities.
  7. Agnostic Monk

    Giftedness never translating into social attractiveness

    I'm very self-critical. I only wish to be treated exactly as good as I deserve to be, not better or worse. I don't think people can handle that. They either need you to think too highly of yourself or too poorly of yourself. A lot of people flip out when you tell them (or give them the sense...
  8. Agnostic Monk

    Giftedness never translating into social attractiveness

    The thing is, when you show them your humility, they take it as "oh, so you're humble, too. Perfectly perfect, I hate you." My question is, why is there a negative reaction instead of a positive one? I look around and see people being funny, smart and able and being liked for it, then when I do...
  9. Agnostic Monk

    Giftedness never translating into social attractiveness

    Do you guys ever get the feeling that your gifts lead to people feeling both jealous and contemptuous of you, and never into them thinking you're cool and wanting to hang around with you? If so, why do you think that is?
  10. Agnostic Monk

    Why do you forgive?

    I agree with Sir in that I think forgiveness should be about accepting a person for who they are instead of who you want(ed) them to be.
  11. Agnostic Monk

    The "friend zone"

    Women get friend zoned all the time, but there usually is an unspoken agreement between the two that the girl is not good enough (looking) for the guy. With men, we're just much less likely to submit to being only a friend to an attractive woman. There's more at stake for a man because of...
  12. Agnostic Monk

    My horrible INFJ boss

    In my experience, the only people who can't get along with INFJs are those who treat others unfairly. So I don't think your boss really was an INFJ.
  13. Agnostic Monk

    Unhealthy INFJ

    Great insights. Thanks. I think there's another element at play for me in these situations, and that's the tendency to actually act like the person I think the other person thinks I am. I've been able to mostly get rid of this habit over the last several years, as I've become more mature and in...
  14. Agnostic Monk

    Ask and Answer!

    Dad was born in Del Rio, TX. Mom was born in Anchorage, AK. What would you do if you had a billion dollars?
  15. Agnostic Monk

    Unhealthy INFJ

    The worst thing for me is if I don't feel completely comfortable with a person or situation, I often don't express myself accurately, especially when talking about myself. In fact, when I feel threatened, I have this uncontrollable urge to rebel and "go the other way" with people, to shock their...
Back
Top